Thursday, August 12, 2010

What's up with California?

These scary occurrences just don't seem to end as far as politics go, do they? It really scares me that a state can fund and take the time to have the people vote on an issue, come to a UNANIMOUS decision (I'm talking what the majority want or I like to call it "the will of the people"), and then one person actually has the power to say "hey, I appreciate everyone that voted and it's nice that you came to a conclusion, but in my opinion, I don't agree with it so the heck with what all you think. I'm throwing it out! Bwahahahahaha!!" Okay, those words weren't said exactly but that's about what happened here. The people of California decided gay, lezbo's, bi's, whatever-do not have the right to "marry." My opinion, I completely agree. You cannot change the definition of marriage. Sorry. You just can't. Now, do I think there should be something for gays to legally bind in order to receive some rights as a unified couple? Well, if I have to compromise with something then okay. It just can't be called marriage because that's not fair to me or billions of other straight couples who find the word and the meaning to be of something sacred and hold it in the highest degree. Don't go trampling our word. I really don't think that's asking too much. Just make up a new word. I know, get an acronym together like GLU (Gays legally unified). I'm not super creative but I'm sure we could come up with something clever.

Okay, back to the disturbing matter. So California says NO! A judge decided everyone was wrong and overturned the voter's decision. Crap-olla is what that is! Even more shocking, that judge is gay! Go figure. Now, I don't care which side you are on as far as your opinion in the matter but typically, whether we agree with the outcome, we have to go with what the majority of the people decide. That's part of what I thought made this country great. Even though there have been times the vote doesn't swing my way- I say that sucks and kick the dirt but I know there is nothing I can do about that. How is it fair that there is a chance when I vote for something, it might not matter? Hmpf! It's all just a little ridiculous, don't you think? That judge was wrong and he should be ashamed of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment